February 14, 2005

Syncopation of the Downtrodden

It was all so obvious to me now. I was lost. I had no idea that a person could get so lost. There I was though, just about as lost as a person can possibly get. Just realizing that was a weight off of my shoulders. For some reason I felt like I had only just started on this trip and my energy was renewed.
So Ok, I was lost. Now what?
Again, the trees answered my question. All I had to do was to not be lost.
Not be lost was a lot easier to say than to be, though. At least at first.
I walked back the way I had come. I had renewed energy, but for some reason I felt like I had made no progress at all. After another hour or so I stopped walking again. A prickling feeling made it's way up my spine. I felt like someone was watching me. Laughing at me. It started to make me angry but then I heard another question.
So, you will now be lost and angry?
To that I could only shrug. Angry, happy, sad, or high, I was still lost. Then I thought of that again.
Don't be lost.
Don't be lost.
I stepped off of the path and fell into the hole.
I must have knocked my head on something during the trip because I don't remember falling. I don't remember landing either. I do remember how it felt when I tried to get up though. I almost passed out from the pain. As it turned out, my arm was broken in about four places. That did not make me happy.
To that the trees responded that nothing should make me happy.
I could not stop laughing, for truly I had returned.

No comments: